NEET Honolulu is upon us! We will not have a Friday meeting tomorrow, but we will have tables (yes, TABLES) in the dealer’s room! Come and check out the work of our artists, and learn more about our club. We hope to see you there!
Neet Honolulu is held at the Japanese Cultural Center, which is located on 2454 S Beretania St, Honolulu, HI 96826, close to UH Manoa.
Last week, you chose the weekly showing format, and voted from the pool of nominations. From this, you picked our showings for this semester– each week, we will watch the following:
Shows don’t necessarily need to be in this order: if you want a show aired earlier or later in the meeting, let us know and we’ll check if people in club are okay with that.
Remember that if you can’t make it to the meeting but still have free time, you can join us on Rabb.it/Discord.
Meeting times will be from 4:00p-7:00p in Kuykendall Hall 210. Check our calendar for a more detailed look at our meetings and events.
Our first meetings for this semester are upon us! Join us in Kuykendall 210 on Thursday and Friday.
Here’s an overview:
- At Thursday Meetings we will air full or almost full series that everyone picks to watch. NOTE that there are two rounds of voting, one in the Facebook poll (going on now) and one this Thursday by the people present in club which is pooled from that Facebook poll.
If you want to nominate stuff for the voting pool on Thursday, be sure to add your stuff here! We will close it up on Wednesday 9/5, midnight.
- Friday Meetings are open days. At the very least, we’ll watch stuff, but we plan to do additional events alongside the showings such as tabletop and video gaming (PC and Console!) and the like.
For any showings on Friday– people pick a show to watch three episodes of on that day in club. Once a show is picked, the club must watch three episodes of it, and it cannot be watched again for the rest of the semester. Same rules apply except the “no reruns” and “no shows with more than 26 episodes” rules. Have something you want people to get into? Show it to our club!
We are planning on supplementing our meetings and showings with an online service called Rabb.it. If you’re unable to make it to the meeting, you can tune in from anywhere, and you can also join in on the online chat room!
Click here for more information on joining our meetings on Rabb.it
We will have an officer’s meeting this Friday, August 31st at the UH Manoa Campus Center dining room, from 6:00pm.
Attendance isn’t mandatory for non-officers, but if you are interested in helping the club out or are interested in becoming an officer then you are welcome to attend.
Hope everybody is enjoying this rocky start to the new school year.
We are happy to announce that Fall AMS meetings will start next week Thursday and Friday (September 6th and 7th) from 4:30 to 7pm in Kuykendall Hall Room 210.
- Thursdays = structured showings. We will vote on 3-4 anime to watch for the rest of the semester during Thursday’s first meeting. You can find the nomination poll for Thursday’s showings on our Facebook group -> HERE
- Fridays = more loosely structured. “Fresh Fridays”/”Themed Fridays” There will be games/quizzes in between showings on Fridays. We also have various events/potlucks/parties on Fridays such as our Welcome Back Potluck and Holiday Party!
We look forward to seeing everyone next week!
If you have any question, feel free to shoot us an email.
Join our chat on Discord: https://discord.gg/QTzz2ua
We won’t have meetings during the review days this week– stay tuned for more info about Summer Meetings. Good luck on exams!
In the past year, the Anime Manga Society has been working with Meta Human Entertainment to help them put together an anime/geek culture convention at UH. Called Anime Ohana Festival (AO Fest), it will be held on June 23rd at the UH Manoa Campus Center. They will feature a host of local guests, and are also currently in the process of seeking Justin Roiland (Rick and Morty, Adventure Time) and others from abroad.
If you could get anyone to come to AO Fest (or any anime convention), who would YOU want to see? We’ve got a fun little poll up that you can participate in– list anyone you want, and you might get your wish granted!
Hey all! We hope you had a relaxing Spring Break. We will be back this week with the second and third OVAs of Girls and Panzer, 14-15 of The Ancient Magus’ Bride, and 9-10 of Death March.
- We’re holding our Officer Nomination Poll to pick AMS officers for Fall 2018 – Spring 2019! If you feel that you or someone else you know in club would be an exceptional officer, you can fill out the nomination form here! Officers who help to run the Anime Manga Society will get free paid membership perks during the time they serve.
- Our End of the Year Potluck Party is set for Friday, April 27th! You can view the event page here to RSVP.
- If you attended our Girl’s Day/Hinamatsuri Party on March 16th and have any comments or suggestions, write something in our feedback form to tell us what you think.
This Friday, we will be having our annual Girl’s Day (Hinamatsuri) party! So instead of our usual Fresh Friday showings, things will be a little different – girls get to control the showings, and guys bring food! We will also be having some fun activities, so feel free to bring friends along as well!
If you have any questions, go and ask your Female VP and Representative, Beverly Quock (email@example.com).
The event will be from 4:30p to 10:00p in our usual room, Kuykendall 210. We hope you see you there!